Sunday 19 February 2012

My Oh My, Marni!

I have to confess, I don't normally get that excited about high street x high end collarborations....HOWEVER, as many of you know, the next up and coming collaboration with H&M is Marni.
I am not going to lie, I am VERY excited!!

I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE Marni fan. FACT.
For me Marni is a brand that you know IS Marni as soon as you see it. Whether it be the leather, the wedged shoe, the print, the over-sized shift dress, the studded accessory...Marni's designs are endemic in the industry. There are a few brands who are able to continuously provide season after season of strong designs whilst still remaining true to their original style and cut of clothing, however Marni is definitely still ingrained in this category. Marni does not appeal to everyone, however there is no-one else in the market like them which is what makes them so special and unique. The qualities I speak about are something I always look for in a brand, their pieces stand out in all aspects including design and quality. Even if I cannot personally afford 90% of the collections(!), I still hold them as one of my favourite designers and will continue to admire them.

I was quite surprised when I heard, a while back, that Marni had confirmed their collaboration with H&M. I was rather nervous to see the outcome to be honest. The photos have finally been released and I am impressed. I might not be outside the store at 3am on the morning of the launch (March 8th)...but I definitely aim to purchase a piece or two.

Marni is the epitome of 'innovative' and still remains a true classic, which has been cleverly mirrored in the designs for H&M. I hope everyone else will appreciate their designs for what they are, as much as I do(!), and hopefully draw in more avid admirers!
(N.B Not just for woman by the way!! Marni for men is just as amazing!!)




Consuelo Castiglioni...I salute you!

No comments:

Post a Comment