Thursday 1 March 2012

Be kind Rewind! (NYFW Part Two)

Apologies for being so behind recently!!
I have got so far behind that I am going to have to cut down my posts so that I can fit everything in!
I was going to do a complete breakdown of every fashion week (and I will do a small analysis) but I definitely can't go into major detail. You actually may be relieved with this as I potentially might have bored you...

Sooooo I am going to rewind back to NYFW. Although I would love to waffle on about the Wang's patent leather coolness, Browne's gothic genius-ness (yes I'm making up words here), and Schouler's classic edgy-ness...I really want to focus on one of my favourite brands and another one that really stood out for me.

I actually first came across Ohne Titel in the LN-CC sale. I fell for a pair of trousers with clever cross knitted detailing and slanted side pockets. Unfortunately they did not fit, great for the bank account but rather upsetting for my wardrobe (sniff sniff). My lack of purchase did not however deter me from researching more into this brand, as I was really impressed with the quality and quirky cut of their items.

Visualising riffling through my jam-packed wardrobe, I realise I have a bit of a penchant for unusual trousers....I have a few pairs that really are rather mad (and only wear them on days when I'm feeling a little more confident, but secretly hoping no one will see me on the street!) Most recently I bought a pair from the Fat Faced Cat in Angel (more on this gem later). I guess the best way to describe them is joseph and his technicolour summer trousers! They are cropped, sort of knitted, and ridiculously colourful! Love them!
Aaaaanyway I'm getting distracted with thoughts of how to wear these new trousers, and drifting away from Ohne Titel. It is linked in the fact that their AW12/13 collection was full of abstract knits. I absolutely love the first look from the catwalk and I really hope LN-CC will be stocking more of this brand next season.

The show started with bold monochrome knitted skirts and jackets, then moved on to incorporate navy leather and black fur tailored pieces, concluding with 3 great and very wearable dresses. In each look I can spot a piece that I could see myself in, which is pretty rare with most collections!
This NY pair have created, in my opinion, a pretty effortlessly cool collection for next Autumn/Winter. Alexa's work experience with Helmut Lang is evident in the cut of the jackets which are bound to be a great fit for all shapes. I'm loving the clash of a touch of fur and leather with the knits. It's adds a huge variety of texture to their prints but in a restricted dosage. Definitely a brand and style to keep in mind for next season.


No comments:

Post a Comment